Since Friends was added to Netflix, appreciation for the series has been reignited across the UK.
And, once again, the 10 season show is all anyone can talk about.
Although it’s based on a group of — yes, you guessed it — Friends in their mid-twenties with jobs, apartments and stuff, a lot of the scenarios they find themselves in can be related to uni life.
Don’t believe me?
Watch this space.
1. Mr Heckles’ constant complaining
We’ve all had that one annoying neighbour who it seems is on a personal mission to dampen everyone’s fun. If you can’t relate, it’s probably you!
2. Staying up until god knows when doing the most random shit
Whether it’s playing foosball or sitting up telling each other ghost stories, we’ve all stayed up way later than intentioned plenty of times at uni.
3. Problems with moving
One of the very few annoyances of uni is that you have to move a LOT. And, like with Ross’ sofa, it can be tricky at times.
4. Supporting each other through a crisis
One of the best things about the friends in, well, Friends, is that they are all so supportive of each other, even if that does mean dressing up in wedding gowns, drinking beer and eating popcorn.
5. Crazy hook-ups
You may have, in the past, sworn you would never get with that person, but frankly alcohol sometimes gets the better of us. But hey, it’s not all bad because that is exactly how Monica and Chandler first started out.
6. Solving issues with food
Because sometimes the only thing that makes you feel better is a carb-loaded, cheese-infested pizza.
7. Experimenting with your sexuality
Because who doesn’t at uni?
8. Getting mad when housemates steal your food
Whether its a splash of milk or that chocolate bar they’ve been saving, we’re all guilty of doing it at some point. But it’s fucking annoying when it happens to us.
9. Finding your passion
For some it’s drama or cooking, but for Phoebe it was tap dancing.
10. Extending your vocabulary
Or at least trying to.
11. Making some questionable fashion choices
Yes, you will eventually regret your fashion choices.
12. Having a mini breakdown about what to do after uni
Because you only planned up until then.
13. Making some poor romantic choices
We’ve all dated a Janice.
14. Procrastination turns up a notch
15. You get ridiculously close to your housemates
And share things with them you wouldn’t share with anyone else.
16. They do annoy you at times
Like, a lot.
17. But you know everything about them
Even their weird habits.