university of bath

Coronavirus information for University of Bath students

The University Of Bath has made teaching available online. They have advised along with Government Guidelines to self-isolate for two weeks if you experience a high temperature or a new continuous cough. You should also Isolate if you live with anyone showing symptoms.

Teaching and Learnings

– Undergraduates: teaching will be delivered online for the remainder of semester 2 which ends on Friday 29th May 2020. Details will be announced by Departments.

– Projects: Those who are completing projects will receive further details from your departments.

– There will be no exams on campus, with further details to follow on assessments yet to take place.

University campus

– If you wish to stay on campus then essential services will still be open, for instance, student accommodation.

– Further information on future events will follow

Further information

– If you have a specific question then it is advised to raise this with your personal tutor or director of studies. Support is still available through departments.

– If you have questions about your placement, then it is advised to speak to the placement team.

– If you need support with well being, then contact Student Services on or 01225 383838 or the SU’s Advice Service.

– For updates, please go to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and guidance page. The uni have recommended that all students check this at least daily on weekdays.

– If you have specific concerns about your health-related to COVID-19, then contact NHS 111.

What support is the University providing for students in self-isolation?

If you are still living on campus then the uni will do everything they can to support you. If you are living with someone who is self-isolating then contact who can help.

How will this affect International students with Tier 4 visas?

Student Immigration Service has published new guidance on coronavirus information for Tier 4 students.

If you have any concerns regarding your immigration status please contact the Student Immigration Service.

My visa is due to expire and I need to return to China, what do I do?

If you have any concerns regarding your immigration status please contact the Student Immigration Service.

The UK Government has said that if you are a Chinese national in the UK with a visa that expires between 24 January 2020 and 30 March 2020, your visa will be automatically extended to 31 March 2020. You will not need to take any action to get the extension.

You should read the GOV.UK guidance to find out if your visa will be automatically extended or whether you need to contact the Coronavirus Immigration Helpline (0800 678 1767, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, calls are free of charge) or

Are there any other overseas destinations that I should avoid?

For travel advice, you can visit the latest UK Government travel advice related to coronavirus and individual pages for travel advice to specific countries or territories.

Support and Wellbeing

Students requiring support should ring 01225 383838 or email with their phone number, and the appropriate team will return their call.

SU advice & support

The SU Advice & Support Centre is now operating remotely via email on The uni can speak with you via this email address and video or audio call via Microsoft Teams or Zoom.

Opening hours remain as 10:00 – 16:00, Monday – Friday.

Details for how to access other SU services can be found on The SU webpages

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.