The lodge is back with its infamous snow-globes on South Bank for winter 2019. Remastered with an incredible northern lights installation from Martin Miller’s Gin alongside the now legendary cosy Apres Ski Lodge and Alpine bar. Expect Flasks of hot cocktails, fondues aplenty, Raclette Burgers, and cooking steaks on hot stones, alongside a festive roster of events including ice sculpting, cocktail and canapé masterclasses.
Grab your snow boots, Jimmy Garcia’s ‘The Lodge’ is back from 9th November 2019. Experience a winter pop up like no other in London with the cosiest bar on the river and the return of the sell-out private dining snow globes. This year, to make the experience even more magical, they are partnering with Martin Miller’s Gin to install a Northern Lights spectacle, transporting revellers to Iceland from London with beautifully decorated private igloos in Icelandic textures to really bring the brand’s provenance to life, topped off with appropriately themed cocktails. Situated in the same magical river-side spot along the Queen’s Walk, Southbank, Jimmy’s Lodge offers the perfect location to soak up the festive atmosphere and magnificent views. With tickets now available, this is après-ski fun not to be missed!
The Lodge itself will once again be made up of four elements for hungry customers to enjoy: The Igloos – each hold a private dining experience for up to 10 guests to enjoy all the while relishing in the stunning views of the capital’s South Bank. The perfect choice for Christmas parties and social get-togethers, guests will even be able to plug in their own playlist as they feast on the mouthwateringly good menu.
Find the Refuge Restaurant upstairs in the cosy wooden cabin, the twinkly-lit dining room to seat up to 30 with unparalleled views across the Thames. Here guests can enjoy sharing flasks of hot cocktails, the gooiest fondue and the steak sharer options, which they can cook to their liking on hot stones before enjoying with a range of delicious homemade sauces and accompaniments.
The Alpine Bar will be serving up drinks including winter warmers from partner Martin Miller’s Gin, and finally there’s the downstairs Chalet Snack Bar, from which guests will be able to buy festive street food such as the legendary Lodge Raclette Burger, Venison Hot Dog, Schnitzel and the ultimate people-pleasing Aspen Fries with Truffle Oil, and classic Cheesy Chips to name a few.
To add to the festive experience The Lodge has a number of festive craft sessions such as ice sculpting, cocktail masterclasses, wreath making, and canapé masterclasses with Jimmy’s team of chefs and mixologists. Whether guests are looking for an intimate evening in the igloos with friends, have been tasked with organising a Christmas Party, or are just looking for a winter refuge to cosy up with a hot cocktail, Jimmy Garcia’s The Lodge can provide everyone with winter warming hospitality this winter season. *Masterclasses available to private hire bookings only.
THE IGLOOS: SEAT 10 – MINIMUM SPEND £600
THE LODGE: £45 PER PERSON
● The Lodge Home Cured Salmon / Pickled beets / Beetroot Puree / Horseradish Yoghurt / Chive Oil
● ‘Double Duck’ Smoked Duck Breast / Confit Duck Leg / Endive / Pickled Walnut / SW London Honey + Clementine Dressing
● French Mountain Onion Soup / Garlic + Gruyere Crouton / Crusty Bread
● Traditional Alpine Fondue / Mixed Charcuterie (lovingly imported by Papa G himself) / Sourdough Baguette
● Steak Sharer – 600g British Flat Iron Steak / Confit Garlic Butter / Chimichurri / Tarragon Mayonnaise (800g Rib Eye – £12pp supplement) Add a pot of fondue for (£15pp supplement)
● Ultimate Winter Feast – Whole Baked Mont d’Or / 600g British Flat Iron Steak / Wild Boar + Apple Sausages / Mixed Charcuterie / Sourdough Baguette (£12pp supplement) All served with new potatoes or fries + mixed leaf salad
● Mulled Wine Spiced Poached Pear, Hot chocolate Sauce, Shortbread, Crème Fraiche
CHALET SHACK – TAKEAWAY BAR MENU
● Lodge Raclette Burger – beef patty / sliced raclette cheese / confit garlic mayo / homemade pickles / onion chutney
● Venison Hot Dog – venison sausages / red wine braised onions / wholegrain mustard mayo
● Mushroom Burger – portobello mushroom stuffed with blue cheese and walnuts / pear chutney
● Raclette Box – melted raclette cheese / new potatoes / dressed salad / cornichons
● Schnitzel – crispy chicken schnitzel / skin on fries / rocket salad / cranberry sauce
● Proper Cheesy Chips – skin on fries / melted raclette cheese
● Aspen Fries – skin on fries / fresh parmesan / rosemary /truffle oil