In England, from Monday 12th April, beer gardens and pubs with outdoor spaces were finally allowed to reopen. And, as Brits, we have all made the most of it. Not just by going and getting drunk, but by laughing at ourselves online. So here are some of the best memes about the pubs opening!
1. People were feeling very patriotic after seeing what hardships we will put up with for a pint
2. Others were just feeling pure regret the next day
3. The weather is always out to ruin our fun, and some places had to put up with snow to get their pints
UK Govt: Shops, pub gardens and hairdressers can open today.
— Tom (@SillyMidTom) April 12, 2021
3. Is it just us, or is it really hard to remember how to pair shoes with clothes now. What even is a hairbrush?
4. But once we remembered how to use the hairbrush, damn – we looked good.
Me after my lockdown glow-up, arriving at the pub on April 12 looking like a completely different person https://t.co/v85Rz6oDZh
— Philip Ellis (@Philip_Ellis) April 9, 2021
5. For the first time in a long time, we’ve had to move, and the race to the beer gardens was on
— twitch.tv/thisjavier (@ThisJavier) April 11, 2021
6. Unless you were organised enough to get bookings in, Bottomless Brunch here we come!
me arriving to bottomless brunch today at 12pm on the dot pic.twitter.com/viTTs7PJzs
— ︎joe (@jxeker) April 12, 2021
8. Never again will it be acceptable to act like these ladies
Good morning to these girlies who were having 8:17am pints pic.twitter.com/kdCK4OzsDu
— Loveofhuns x (@loveofhuns) April 12, 2021
8. Honestly, we’re really just hoping it warms up. Cannot be dealing with frostbite for a pint
A local man enjoys sitting in a beer garden for the first time in several months, April 12th 2021. pic.twitter.com/KLkUdt0N5x
— TechnicallyRon (@TechnicallyRon) April 12, 2021
Regardless of the freezing temperatures and manic queues, one things for sure, we’re really glad to have the pubs back.