Many apps and resources are being offered for free by companies to make our time in isolation less boring, and to encourage us to stay indoors. This means there a plenty of ways to stay entertained without having to spend a penny!
Free Fitness resources:
- Joe Wicks – has PE lessons on his YouTube channel every day.
- Core Power Yoga – are hosting daily live yoga classes for free.
- 305 Fitness – have organised two live workouts at 12pm and 6pm every day.
- Nike Training Club – is a free app which has over 185 free and varied workouts on it.
- Rumble – is a boxing studio offering a variety of free classes over Instagram live.
- Tai Chi Foundation – Is a website offering free live classes throughout the week.
- Kemtai – is a new AI free fitness app that actually sees you.
Books to read:
- Amazon – has made a range of eBooks free to be downloaded
- Apple Books – are offering a free book to its users
- Kobo – are also offering free eBooks to their users
- Audible – no longer require a subscription, so you can now get free access to hundreds of audiobooks.
- Dark Horse – has made many of their comic books available online for free
- BookBub – has free eBooks in over 20 different genres.
- Google Books – has a range of free books, as well as a choice of books to buy.
- British Museum in London – are letting you learn about history through a virtual timeline.
- Google Arts & Culture – have dozens of virtual museum tours available to try for free.
- The Mucem Marseille – is dedicated to the Mediterranean, and are showing you why online.
- The National History Museum – explore their exhibitions and collections online.
- The Louvre – is showing many of their different rooms and exhibits online
- NASA Langley Research Centre – can now be toured virtually.
- Atlanta Zoo – has a constant live stream of their pandas.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium – have lots of live streams of their different fish.
- Walt Disney World – a virtual tour of their magic kingdom.
- SeaWorld – a virtual tour of Orlando SeaWorld, and option to ‘ride’ one of their rollercoasters.
- The Athenian – has an interactive live-streamed class every Saturday at 7pm.
- Bread Ahead Online Baking – on Instagram Live at 2pm every day they will be sharing baking lessons.
- Instructables – have free beginner-level cooking classes available on their website.
- Dinner Tonight – have free classes available on how to make quick and healthy meals.
- Massimo Bottura – is hosting an Instagram series called ‘Kitchen Quarantine’.
- Seamus Mullen – is using Instagram to cook live at 6:30 pm Mon-Sat.
- The Benedetti Foundation – are uploading free daily music lessons.
- Justin Guitar – has thousands of free lessons to help you learn guitar.
- Fender – are offering 3 months of free lessons to the first million people that sign up.
- MusicTheory – have free online lessons available to help you learn all about music.
- Springboard – is a website with dozens of free music courses, ranging in genres and difficulty.
- Flowkey – is a free app that can help you learn the songs you love on piano.
- PlayStation – have new ‘Play at Home’ initiative that lets users download two games for free
- Xbox – has similar ‘Free Play Days” programme, allowing users a minimum of two free games every weekend.
- Epic Games – are offering plenty of PC games for free
- Houseparty – is an app that lets users talk to friends and play in-app games with each other.
- Origin – also has a few games that are free to play.
- Microsoft – has a range of free games available too.
Meditation and Mindfulness Resources:
- Headspace – is an app with a free collection of guided meditations and movement exercises.
- Insight Timer – is an app with over 30,000 free guided meditations.
- Calm – is an app full of free exercises, kindness prompts, and sheets to print out and colour in.
- Simple Habit – is perfect for busy people as it’s sessions only take 5 minutes.
- Twinkl – has plenty of mindfulness colouring sheets available for free.
- TRICYCLE – are offering three free live meditation sessions every week.
Free Education Resources:
- The Open University – have a variety of free online courses
- Duolingo – can help you learn a language for free
- Future Learn – has plenty of short free courses available for you to try.
- Vision2learn – has a variety of free courses available to help boost employability.
- Alison – is a website that also has lots of free courses on offer.
- Google – is also offering a selection of free digital courses, with some including a certification.